“Theft of War” Protest
We came out with our signs to protest the federal government’s
$54 billion increase for military spending with cuts to domestic spending!
Here are 8 things we could do with $54 billion instead:
- Cover 12 million people under the Affordable Care Act .
- Resettle 2.7 million refugees in the U.S. – enough for 32 years’ worth under the stepped-up Obama resettlement rate.
- Create nearly one million infrastructure jobs. Good Paying JOBS!!JOBS!!JOBS!!
- Pay the salaries for half the elementary school teachers in the United States.
- Send 1.6 million students to college for a four-year degree – for free.
- Insure 15 million adults through Medicaid.
- Fund Meals on Wheels (threatened with cuts in Trump’s budget) for 7,180 years.
- Fund the entire Environmental Protection Agency (at current levels) for 6.6 years.
The CCPM came out on May 27th with signs stating what $54 billion could do instead of feeding the military budget!
“Every GUN that is made, every WARSHIP launched,every ROCKET fired signifies, in the final sense,
a theft from those who HUNGER, and are not fed,those who are COLD and not clothed.”
Dwight D. Eisenhower